Jones the Grocer is a gourmet food emporium that aims to inspire and excite the imagination of food lovers.
Jones the Grocer was first established in Woollahra, Sydney, Australia in 1996. The brand was acquired in 2005 by Australian distributor Senselle Foods who then embarked on international expansion. A Singapore flagship store opened to critical acclaim in 2007.
In 2008 JTG Holdings Ltd signed a master franchise agreement for the UAE and the first store opened in Abu Dhabi in 2009. The tremendous success of this first store led to a rapid rollout across the UAE with five stores trading in the first three years. There are a total of 13 stores in the GCC and a further 6 stores in Singapore, Thailand, New Zealand and Australia.
In 2012 the Jones the Grocer brand was acquired by L Capital Asia – A private equity fund backed Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessey (LVMH). In 2016, L Capital Asia acquired a significant minority in JTG Holdings Ltd and concurrently Jones the Grocer’s global intellectual property was acquired by JTG Holdings Ltd.
2016 has been a year of strong franchise growth for jones the grocer with 9 new franchised stores in the pipe line including stores at Dubai and Abu Dhabi airport.
Jones the Grocer is a market leader in the food and beverage space and its philosophy is to provide an immersive gourmet food experience that includes an award-winning café, cheese room, artisan groceries cooking master classes, a bakery and patisserie, specialty coffee and event catering. Jones the Grocer’s stores are tastefully designed whilst being warm and welcoming places to gather and celebrate food.
WHAT YOU GET
- Exclusive license to use the Jones the Grocer trademarks in the franchised territory
- Exclusive license to the use of the Jones the Grocer marketing and operational systems
- Assistance in the location selection
- Construction specifications
- Assistance in the construction of the franchised unit
- Assistance in the pre-operational stage
- Training to the franchisee’s key staff members
- Preparation of the marketing campaign to launch the franchised unit in its territory
- Permanent support & assistance
- Full operations manual
- Detailed brand book
- Assistance in the products supply
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- 21 - 30 days at headquarters and trading stores
- 10 - 14 days on-site
- Printed materials
- Marketing strategies
Pricing and promo schemes
- Individual Unit Franchise Fee – USD at 120,000, unit fee is inclusive of store design package.
- Area Development Franchise Fee for 3 units – USD 250,000
- Ongoing Royalty and marketing – 7.5%