Pharmacy 1 business concept evolved from the idea of providing high level, distinguished and consistent service of pharmaceutical care to the end patient-customer. Through the building of multiple pharmacy branches and simultaneously establishing a state of the art IT system, a distinguished centralized distribution system and a team of highly trained professionals to provide support to the pharmacies, the end result is a branded pharmacy chain covering wide geographical areas equipped with a trained team of pharmacists that provide distinguished services to end consumers.
In addition Pharmacy 1 established many important departments to contribute in the support of the brand and the growth of the company. Departments include, among others, Operations, Training, Drug Information Center, Corporate Development, HR, Health care Innovation and Corporate Strategy. In 2001, the first Pharmacy 1 opened in Amman. A second location followed in 2003. Today Pharmacy 1 has multiple locations in Jordan making it Jordan’s leading Pharmacy chain.
Pharmacy 1 vision is to be the leading Pharmacy in the MENA and GCC region and serves multicultural middle-low to high-end income customers. The size of a typical Pharmacy 1 is between 130 sq.m and 300 sq.m and the average customer flow is between 250 to 300 customers a day.
WHAT YOU GET
- Trademark License
- Exclusive license to the use of the Pharmacy 1 marketing and operational systems
- Assistance in the location selection
- Construction specifications
- Assistance in the construction of the franchised unit
- Supply of equipment and furniture for the franchise unit (if required & depending on locations)
- Assistance in the pre-operational stage
- Training to the franchisee’s staff
- Preparation of the marketing campaign to launch the franchised unit in its territory
- Permanent support & assistance
- Signage and other branding elements for the decoration of the franchised unit
- Permanent marketing assistance and support
- Operations and Management Manuals
- Assistance in the supply and if needed
TRAINING & SUPPORT
Phase I — Training provided at a location designated by Pharmacy 1 :
It is expected that Pharmacy 1 Management will provide franchisees with approximately 7 to 10 days of initial training at Pharmacy 1 headquarters or at a location designated by the Pharmacy 1 Management, beginning approximately 6 to 9 weeks before the franchisee is scheduled to open for business. Phase I instruction will pertain to administrative, operational, and sales/marketing matters; it will also include a liberal amount of on-the-job training. This training will be provided for the franchisee and one (1) to five (5) designated attendees.
Phase II — Training provided at the franchisee’s location:
On-site training typically takes place when the franchisee commences operations. Experienced trainers from Pharmacy 1 will provide on-site training for a period of 10 to 14 days to assist the franchisee in the commencement of operations.
- Individual Unit Franchise Fee – USD 30,000
- Area Development Franchise Fee - A USD 48,000 development fee will be payable upon the execution of the Area Development Agreement. A USD 24,000 franchise fee will be payable upon the execution of the first Individual Franchise Agreement simultaneously with the execution of the Area Development Agreement. A USD 12,000 franchise fee will be payable upon the execution of each of the Franchise Agreements for the additional four (4) units to be developed under the Area Development (Unit 2 to 5).
- Ongoing Royalty – 5%
- Advertising Fee – 1%
- Marketing Fund – 1%